Installing Zoom is a problem if you have Windows 10 S mode installed. Zoom in Windows 10 S mode is not allowed as it blocks the installation of non-store apps. When you try to install ZoomInstaller.exe, you will get error “For security and performance, this mode of Windows only runs verified apps from the Store. C:\Users\there\Downloads\zoominstaller.exe”
This security message prevents you from installing and joining Zoom meetings.This article shows you the solution to fix this.
Use Chromium Edge to connect to a meeting in Zoom in Windows 10 S
One way to participate in a Zoom meeting in Windows 10 S mode is via the web version. For this, you need to have the latest version of Microsoft Edge installed. Follow the steps below to join the Zoom meeting with Edge:
- First of all, you need to have installed the new version of Microsoft Edge. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge and click Download for Windows 10
- Install the new Edge browser.
- Open the new Microsoft Edge browserGo to the URL of the Zoom meeting. For example: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74878326428?pwd=cABoCdpObERqGk90bENmK2JPVVYzZz09
(the number is the Meeting ID, behind pwd = is the password
First you will only see “If nothing prompts from browser, download & run Zoom”. Wait a few seconds.
- The text refreshes. Click on click here (to launch the meeting)
- It seems like nothing happens, but in a few seconds you will see the text below: If you cannot download or run the application, join from your browser.
Click join from your browser
- You can now log in and join the meeting