Since a few weeks ago, I experienced high CPU usage in the Services and Controller app. In Task Manager, I noticed Segurazo as an unknown service. And the CPU usage of Services and Controller app regularly peaked at more than 60%. Especially with YouTube and gaming.
Fix for high CPU Services and Controller app
The solution was to remove the Segurazo app. Segurazo is a questionable antivirus software. Removing Sequrazo will fix your issue. 99% certain of that. Read below how to remove the Segurazo software.
In case you have not installed Segurazo, try to restart the Windows Management Instrumentation. However, this seems to be a one-time temporarily fix only.
Another cause for the Services and Controller app high CPU usage might be background settings set to slideshow. Below I describe both solutions step by step.
Uninstall Segurazo software
You can only uninstall the Segurazo software from Windows Safe Mode. Once you are in Safe Mode, it’s best to let MalwareBytes uninstall Segurazo. Follow these steps:
- Download Malwarebytes from https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/
- Install Malwarebytes.
- Click Start (Windows logo), type Recovery and select Recovery Options.
- Select Advanced Startup -> select Restart Now.
- Windows now restarts to the Advanced Startup.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Your pc restarts. Hit F5 or select 5 to boot to Safe mode with Networking.
- In the Windows Safe Mode, start Malwarebytes and select Start Now.
Malwarebytes probably needs an update. After updating, the Threat Scan will run automatically. Once the scan is completed, reboot your pc.
Restart Windows Management Instrumentation
Sometimes a software application may send invalid instructions which causes unnecessary CPU requests. In case you experience high CPU usage of the Services and Controller app service, you may try to restart the WMI service. Follow these steps:
Long delay with slideshow background
Another cause for the Services and Controller app high CPU usage is when background settings are set to Slideshow -> 1 min.
In combination with Colors setting Automatically pick an accent color from my background, this may cause a delay. You may experience lag in Windows 10 and lagging in gaming.
To improve performance, turn off Slideshow. You’d best choose 1 background picture or a solid color.
Follow these steps: