My friend has his own company. He has been using MYOB Premier 19 for his accounting for years. Recently he saw “This app has been blocked for your protection” when he tried to start myobp.exe. He called me for help.
He was an administrator on his PC, he had already disabled UAC, but the error kept coming back. It took me some time and sweat, but I managed to fix it. In the end, it wasn’t all that difficult :)
The fastest way to fix myobp.exe “This app has been blocked for your protection”
You can solve the problem of MYOB.exe by setting EnableLUA to 0 in the registry. Follow these steps:
- Open the registry -> Click Start , type registry and choose Registry Editor (App)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Scroll down to EnableLUA. Note that the Data is 0x00000001 (1)
Double click EnableLUA
- In the Value Data field, type 0, and click OK
- Try to start MYOB (and leave a message if it works :))
Be aware that disabling UAC also carries risks. Get a good antivirus. And seriously consider re-enabling LUA when you’re done with MYOP. The steps for this are identical to turning off. Instead of 0, enter value 1.
Unfortunately at this moment there isn better solution. This is the official support page for the User Account Control problem: https://help.myob.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=24578419
Sometimes, it also helps to just drag the UAC slider down to Never Notify. I wrote these steps to Never Notify UAC in a previous post.