Recently I had a problem starting Paint 3D. I got error 0x803F8001, resulting in: Paint 3D is currently not available. The exact error message read:
Check your account. Paint 3D is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it 0x803F8001
I have done some research and below is a description of the cause and solution of this Paint 3D problem.
Cause of 0x803F8001 Paint 3D is currently not available
The cause is often the synchronization of your Microsoft account. Unfortunately you have no influence on this. So it’s bad luck if you run into error 0x803F8001.
Fix for 0x803F8001 Paint 3D is currently not available
Fortunately, not being able to start paint 3d is quite easy to fix. For this we need to do the following:
- backup your current Paint 3D projects (if any)
- reset Paint 3D
- uninstall and install Paint 3D, in case the reset doesn’t help.
Backup Paint 3D projects
The projects will be deleted when we perform a reset. That’s why we need to secure the projects before resetting the application:
- Open File Explorer
- Copy-paste the following location into your address bar:
- Copy the entire Projects folder to another location (for example the My Documents folder)
Reset Paint 3D
Now that we have backed up the Projects, we can perform the Reset of Paint 3D:
- Open Settings -> Apps -> Apps & features. Locate Paint 3D -> Click Advanced options.
- In the Advanced options, click on Reset
- Now try to start Paint 3D
- Does it work? Then copy the (backup) folder Projects back to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\
Uninstall and install Paint 3D
If the reset didn’t help, we can still try uninstalling and reinstalling Paint 3D:
- Go to Paint 3D’s Advanced Options again:
Open Settings -> Apps -> Apps & features. Locate Paint 3D -> Click Advanced options.
- Click Uninstall
- Open the Microsoft Store from the start menu
- In the Microsoft Store, search for Paint 3D and reinstall the app
- Now try to start Paint 3D
- Fixed it? Then copy the (backup) folder Projects back to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\
What is Paint 3D and what can I do with it?
Paint 3D is a drawing program that comes automatically with Windows 10. Although it shares the name, it isn’t quite an upgrade or improvement over Paint, which was included in previous versions of Windows. Paint 3D’s entire purpose is focused on creating funny, cartoony 3D objects, and scenes. A highlight is the Magic Select tool which is like a free Photoshop editing tool for 2D and 3D content.
Take a look at the following Microsoft page to get an idea of the possibilities:
If this article did not help you solve your problem, please leave a comment! This website is visited thousands of times a day. There is a good chance that I or someone else has an answer to your question.