On some of our HP DL360G6 servers, the following warning (event id 37) showed up in the event log of Windows 2008 R2
Log Name: System
Date: 12/21/2009 5:04:12 PM
Event ID: 37
Task Category: (7)
The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 2139 seconds since the last report.”
To solve this error, do the following:
- In Windows, check your Power Options. Make sure that your Power Scheme is set to High Performance, and check that every option is set to “Always On”.
- Make sure you have installed all the latest drivers and firmware, especially for your motherboard and CPU.
- Reboot your computer and go to your BIOS settings. Make sure that your power settings are set to maximum. This differs from computer to computer.
In case the error occurs on an HP server, you should set in the Minimum Processor Idle Power State “No C-states”:
- Enter BIOS by pressing F9 on POST
- Navigate to “Power Management Options” => “Advanced Power Management Options” => “Minimum Processor Idle Power State”
- Choose “No C-States
I hope this helps one of you. If something is not clear, please leave a comment.