After my Windows 10 1903 update, the error RunDLL: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll occurred on my pc with every Windows startup.
There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. The specified module could not be found.
LogiLDA.dll is a system file that comes with the installation of the Logitech Download Assistant. You probably have a Logitech mouse, or have had connected in the past. With the majority of Logitech advanced mice the software is installed automatically. You won’t even notice. The missing LogiLDA.dll file will probably prevent your Logitech software from updating to the latest software. In case you don’t care about the software, you’d best disable LogiLDA from startup. Continue to read below how to do that. If you do want to use and update the software, read at the bottom of this article how to reinstall the Logitech Download Assistant.
Table of Contents
How to fix There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll
There are several ways to prevent logilda error from appearing at boot. I recommend to disable loading the dll at system boot by using Task Manager.
- Disable LogiLDA from Startup (recommended)
- Delete Logitech Download Assistant registry key
- Reinstall Logitech Driver
Disable LogiLDA from Startup (recommended)
- Click Start
- Type Task Manager in the search bar
- Click Run as administrator
- Go to tab Startup
- Right click Logitech Download Assistant
- Click Disable
- If any additional Logitech software is listed, you might want to disable them too.
- Restart your computer to verify
Delete Logitech Download Assistant registry key
Another option is to delete the registry key. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open your Registry Editor as administrator
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Locate the key Logitech Download Assistant , right-click and delete
Reinstall Logitech driver
If you find the Logitech software useful, you may want to reinstall the SetPoint software. This will also fix the error.