After an upgrade to Windows 10 1903, I noticed MANY errors from event id 455 ESENT:
svchost (8772,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.
This post shows you how to fix it using the easy user-friendly method, as well as the super quick command line solution. It also explains the cause of the error.
Fix for event id 455 error (easy user-friendly)
The solution is quite simple as you only need to create the TileDatalayer and Database folder. To fix event id 455, do the following:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\
- You may get a prompt once you go to config or systemprofile. This is OK. hit Continue.
- In folder Local, create a new folder TileDataLayer.
- Open folder TileDatalayer.
- In folder TileDatalayer, create a new folder Database.
That’s it! After a reboot, you’ll see EDB and LOG files being placed in the Database folder. And the errors in the event viewer won’t occur anymore.
Fix event id 455 with the command line (super quick!)
It’s also possible to create the folders by using the command line. To fix event 455 with a command prompt, do the following:
- Open a command prompt as an administrator.
- Type mkdir C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database
- Press Enter.
- No message or output means the action completed successfully. If you get any error like Access Denied, please create the folders by hand.
Errors about TILEREPOSITORYS and 1023 should not return after the creation of TileDataLayer\Database.
Cause of error event id 455
ESENT is a database engine of Windows and is a core component of the operating system. Do not get confused with ESET . Eset is related to NOD32 antivirus. ESENT and ESET are not related to each other.
The folder TileDataLayer was removed in Windows 10 1709. It was replaced by folder TileStore. Somehow, Windows 10 1903 is still searching for the folder. This doesn’t automatically mean something is going wrong on your computer. It probably just a developer mistake. But with no doubt the error is annoying.