The following error may appear in your Eventlog. The error mostly occurs without notice.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10020
The machine wide Default Launch and Activation security descriptor is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid.… Read the rest
If you’re installing Windows XP, you automatically install MSN Messenger.
Because this Messenger program is useless to most of us, especially nowadays with Windows Live Messenger, you may want to uninstall Messenger directly after the installation of Windows XP
Uninstalling MSN Messenger cannot be done by unchecking the MSN Messenger in Add/Remove Programs.… Read the rest
After you upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows ME to Windows XP, the following message may show up:
Your password will expire in 14 days. Do you want to change it now?
This message may show up, even if you have never set a password before.… Read the rest
If you are the only user of a computer, you might find Windows’ Log On screen quite annoying.
In case you prefer to automatically log on upon start up of Windows XP, do the following:
- Click Start, and then click Run
- In the Open box, type control userpasswords2, and then click OK
- Select the user that should automatically log on upon Start up
- Uncheck the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and then click OK
- A new window will appear.
… Read the rest