After upgrading my OS to Windows 8.1, the following error occurred at my pc at every Windows startup:
RunDLL: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll
The specified module could not be found.
I found out LogiLDA.dll to to be a DLL-file of the Logitech Download Assistant. Well, I can assure you I never installed this software on my pc, but still it somehow managed to get into my Run-section in the registry.
The following options will stop the error message popping up:
1) Open Task Manager, either by
- pressing CTRL-ALT-DELETE –> Task Manager, or by
- WIN+R –> type taskmgr and click OK
2) Go to the Tab Startup, right-click LogiLDA and click Disabled
Another option is to delete the registry key. To do so, follow these steps:
1) Open your Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3) Locate the key Logitech Download Assistant , right-click and delete
Logitech gone, problem solved