When you try to run the Test-OutlookWebServices script on a newly installed Exchange 2010 Server, the following error may occur in the Exchange Management Shell (EMS):
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-OutlookWebServices -ClientAccessServer EXCH2K10
WARNING: An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Failed to find the mailbox. Mailbox = ‘email@example.com’.
Failed to find the mailbox. Mailbox = ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Test-OutlookWebServices], MailboxNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.MailboxNotFoundException,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.TestOutlookWebServicesTask
If this is the first time you try to run the test, this typically means you haven’t configured the test account yet.
You should run the new-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1 script first. Follow these instructions to make it work:
- Open a Exchange Management Shell on the Exchange Server
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ (or any other folder where you installed Exchange
- Navigate to the folder Scripts
- Run .\new-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1
- When asked, type a strong password (Exchange 2010 will change this password automatically at a later time)
Now, you can run the Test-OutlookWebServices -ClientAccessServer <servername> again.