To permanently add a license server for Autocad, you need to have write permissions in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in your registry. Insufficient rights may result in the following error:
Flexible License Manager
Error in saving configuration settings: You are not a license manager
License Patch: @servername
FLEXlm error: -63,478
Because domain users in a production environment usually don’t have, and don’t get the permission to edit, the fastest way to solve is as follows:
- Logon with an administrator.
- Open Autocad (with administrator rights)
- Fill in the license server when asked and click Finish to add the license server
- Restart Autocad to make sure the configuration has been saved
- Login with the normal user account to make sure users with limited permissions won’t get the FlexLM error anymore.