The following error may appear in your Eventlog. The error mostly occurs without notice.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10020
The machine wide Default Launch and Activation security descriptor is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.
To solve this problem, you should remove and add the Access Control Entries of DCOM.
You can do so by following these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg and press ENTER
- Expand Component Services
- Expand Computers
- Right click My Computer and click Properties
- Click the COM Security tab
- Be sure to write down the current permissions before removing ACL’s. Then remove and add all present ACL’s.