If you are the only user of a computer, you might find Windows’ Log On screen quite annoying.
In case you prefer to automatically log on upon start up of Windows XP, do the following:
- Click Start, and then click Run
- In the Open box, type control userpasswords2, and then click OK
- Select the user that should automatically log on upon Start up
- Uncheck the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and then click OK
- A new window will appear. Verify that the username is correct, fill in the password twice, and then click OK
Windows will now automically log on with the chosen username, everytime you start your computer.