Packaging and distributing Adobe Photoshop Elements may be somewhat tricky if you want it to be a silent installation without user interaction.
here are the steps I followed to package Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 to distribute with SMS 2003:
- Copy the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder from the Photoshop Elements 6 installation CD to your hard drive.
- Edit the Setup.ini file:
- Open the Setup.ini file (in the folder copied in step 1) in Notepad.
– Add /passive to the end of the CommandLine0 line. The edited line should appear as below:
– CommandLine0=msiexec /i “Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 (en_us).msi” /passive
– Note: The language code (en_us) will vary for different countries and languages, like (nl_nl) for the Dutch edition.
- Save the changes and close Notepad.
- Create an “application.xml.override” file
– Start Notepad.
– Start a new blank document and paste the following lines into it:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
<Data key=”Serial” protected=”0″>000000000000000000000000</Data>
– Replace the zeros in the Serial Data key with your 24-digit AOO volume license serial number. Do not include dashes in the serial number.
– The EULA “Suppress” will make sure that the first start of the program will not show the EULA. This is not documented on the Adobe site, but it will suppress the EULA :)
– Suppress Registration and Suppress Updates if you don’t want to make these functions available in the program. When suppressing, they will be grayed out.
– Choose File > Save.
– In the Encoding field, choose UTF-8.
– Name the file application.xml.override. Note that you must overwrite the .txt extension in the File Name field.
- Save the file in the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder copied in Step 1.
- When you run Setup.exe, the installation will not bug you and completes the installation automatically, with only the progress bar visible
Network Installation and Serial number
When you run the Setup.exe, like above, from a network drive, it is NOT possible to skip the Serial Number Registration Window at the first startup of the program. This is a known bug. If you use SMS2003, you should not bother, because SMS2003 copies the installation files to the local drive by default.
The official instructions for a Silent Install can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402610
The above instructions may also work for
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 2
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 3
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 4
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 5
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 7