Outlook 2007’s default font is Calibri 11pt. If you want this to be different by default, you can do so in Tools -> Options -> Mail Format tab -> Editor settings.
If you’re a system administrator and you want the whole company to use the same font and size, every day, you have to set this in the registry of HKEY_CURRENT_USER. It’s not possible to set the default font in Outlook 2007 with a Group Policy (GPO). The Group Policy outlook12.adm does not support this.
To make a registry file (*.reg) that holds your desired default font settings and can be set in your login script, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook 2007 and go to
Tools -> Options -> Mail Format tab -> Editor settings
- Set your desired font(s) for composing a new mail and a reply mail
- Open your registry (hit Start -> Run -> Regedit
- Navigate to
- In this key exist two values: ReplyFontSimple and ComposeFontSimple.
Right-click on the key MailSettings and choose Export
- Save the registry keys (only the selected keys) as “defaultemailfont.reg”
- Open the defaultemailfont.reg and make sure that only the ReplyFontSimple and ComposeFontSimple exist. If there are other Lines in the file, remove them.
- Finally, the reg file should look something like this:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
9. Copy the file to the location where all your login script(s) and files are located, and edit your login script to load defaultemailfont.reg everytime someone logs on. From now on, the new default font settings for Outlook 2007 will be set with every logon.