Copy all users from one group to another

Just because I always have to search for this script, and Always need to test the script to verify integrity, here’s the script that WORKS.
You only have to replace the value of $sourcegroup and $targetgroup.



Read More

Resource x referenced in attribute displayName could not be found in RSOP

While troubleshooting some group policy issues, I encountered the following error during RSOP.msc (Resultant Set of Policies):

Resource ‘$(string.SUPPORTED_Vista_through_Win7)’ referenced in attribute displayName could not be found. File \*\sysvol\*\Policies\PreviousVersions.admx, line 11, column 111.

In Dutch:
Kan bron ‘$(string.SUPPORTED_Vista_through_Win7)’ waarnaar wordt verwezen in kenmerk displayName niet vinden. Bestand \*\sysvol\*\Policies\PreviousVersions.admx, regel 11, kolom 111

Read More

Granting access rigths to local servers by using AD groups

A small project just came along. Access to Windows servers had to be restricted by user groups. Two types of users should be served: those needing admin rights, and those needing RDP permission. Management should be done from a central location (= Active Directory).

I wrote a simple script that does the following:

Harvest all Windows servers, filtered by name For each server, check whether Active Directory groups for permissions (Admin and RDP) already exist If so, do nothing If not
  • create the Active Directory Groups in the right OU
  • add the AD Groups to the local groups of the specific server. In my case: local group “Administrators” and local group “Remote Desktop Users”

Read More

How to resolve SCCM Offline Servicing: Failed to apply one or more updates

I’ve been using the RTM-iso of Windows Server 2012 R2 for OS Deployment for a few years now. Everything was working fine, although the update installation part was getting time-consuming. I decided to slipstream all updates using the built-in Offline Servicing feature in SCCM. However, I ran into the error “Failed to apply one or more updates”.


To troubleshoot this issue, we examined OfflineServicingMgr.log (located on your Site Server in the System Center Configuration Manager install directory):

Read More